Investing in the right material for your front door
It all starts at the front door
If you want to “winterize” your house, an important step is to invest in a good insulating, beautiful front door. This will not apply to new-build homes, given the stricter requirements for the (almost) energy-neutral construction of new homes, but this story does apply to existing homes. You can choose to work with special insulation material and draft excluders, but even then, you can still keep a lot of heat loss around the edges. That is why, in some cases, installing a new front door can be a wise choice. And if there is also a type of wood that prevents the door from jamming, then you can be sure it is worth the investment.
What is the advantage of doors made with Accoya wood?
- Insulating: the doors have a high insulation value due to the insulation properties of Accoya being better than those of other millwork timbers. This keeps the heat inside and contributes to the living comfort in the house and this ensures good energy savings.
- Shape stability: doors made of Accoya wood hardly shrink or swell due to the acetylation process, here moisture molecules are provided with “vinegar” so that you actually get durable and stable wood. So, your front door will no longer be jammed in different climate conditions.
- Ideal for coatings: Coatings look great on Accoya and last much longer, meaning low maintenance, saving time and money in the long run.
- Natural wood: Accoya is natural wood with many of the same properties as plastic, even better, so it is possible to always adjust the color of your door to the trend of the moment.
- Durable: Accoya entrance doors have a long life. The excellent stability and durability exceed the advantages of traditional hardwood front doors, including oak and merbau.
And don’t forget, your front door is the first introduction to welcome people to your home!
You may also like
Accoya vervangt Iroko-deur
United States of America
Ramen en deur van oude pastorie gerestaureerd
Devon, Verenigd Koningkrijk
Accoya vanwege lage onderhoudskosten
Where to Buy
You can buy Accoya and Accoya products from our selection of distributors or manufacturers in your region. Use our map search tool to find your nearest Accoya supplier.
WHERE TO BUY ACCOYAfor your next project
What type of Product are you interested in?//=__('Select application type', 'accoya')?>
- - Select product type -
FIND A SUPPLIER
FIND A INSTALLERfor your next project
What type of are you interested in? (optional)
How will your be used?
- - Select type -