ACCOYA® WOOD DECKING
Achieve a beautiful all weather, low maintenance deck with Accoya®
When deciding what timber to use for outdoor decking materials; beauty, strength, sustainability and all-weather decking performance are important. Accoya® wood embodies the beauty of natural wood with exceptional performance characteristics. Selecting a dimensionally stable material for outdoor decking is essential to ensure the timber used for decking will stay flat and not warp, split, swell or be affected by fungi, water uptake or rot. It is also crucial that your decking material is non-toxic and therefore totally safe for people and pets. Accoya® decking meets every one of these exacting requirements. All of its features combined mean that Accoya® produces both a long-life and low maintenance decking solution which few other decking materials are able to offer. Accoya® wood is proven to deliver outstanding results as timber for decking in a wide range of decking projects from around the world. It can be machine profiled to suit the project specifications and comes with a 50 year warranty against rot and decay. Accoya® wood has enhanced resistance against UV light and comes with enhanced coatings performance which can last up to 3-4 times longer. Accoya® wood is ideal for the design of durable and stable decking, where the highest performance of wood is required. Classified as the most stable wood on the market, Accoya® timber decking boards do not warp, split or swell maintaining an almost perfect shape. Installed uncoated or stained, and fixed with clip or screw, with Accoya® you can achieve the best wood decking projects.Where to Buy
ACCOYA® WOOD DECKING BENEFITS
THE ACCOYA® TIMBER DECKING PROFILE
Visit our Accoya® wood decking distributors for a wide range of bespoke machined deck profiles.
BENEFITS OF ACCOYA® OUTDOOR DECKING MATERIALS
- Barefoot Friendly – Accoya® wood has low thermal gain, making it ideal for all wooden decking situations, including locations exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Non-toxic & recyclable – This decking material protects the environment from the harmful effects of common treatments. It can be safely reused, recycled and incinerated.
- Naturally beautiful wood – The look of the decking material is an important consideration when selecting the best timber for outdoor decking. With Accoya® wood, the acetylation process does not compromise its natural beauty, which results in a cream/light straw colour as its natural form.
- Retained strength and hardness – The process does not compromise the wood’s strength. Its hardness is increased, with the high strength to weight ratio making it suitable for challenging outdoor decking.
- Ideal for coating – Accoya® wood is the ultimate substrate, and provides a low maintenance decking solution which adds to its cost effectiveness and environmental credentials. Its improved stability means coatings last up to two times longer, its easier to coat, and requires less preparation and sanding.
- Outstanding durability – An Accoya® wood deck delivers peace of mind that your outdoor decking is made to last. Lasting 50 years above ground, 25 years in ground/freshwater, Accoya® wood delivers a truly durable decking solution that can bring your decking ideas to life. Accoya® wood is Class 1 durability, surpassing even teak, virtually rot proof and has a 70 year minimum service life stated by TRADA.
- Dimensionally stable – Accoya® wood has exceptional dimensional stability, with swelling and shrinkage reduced by 75% or more.
Tried and Tested
Tried, Tested and Proven
Accoya® wood is the result of over 80 years research and development. Combining the proven modification technique of acetylation with cutting-edge proprietary technology, this high performance wood provides the ideal solution for decking, along with cladding, windows and doors and many other applications. Accoya® wood is a highly proven material with testing from many different perspectives, on a worldwide basis.
Thermal Gain on Decks
Thermal gain on decks and terraces is a particular issue in the summer season. A thermogram image analysis was conducted in Japan with the Hiroshima Prefectural Technology Research Institute to assess the differences between Accoya® wood, thermally modifies wood and three variants of commercial WPC decking. The thermograms clearly indicate that thermal gain in Accoya® wood decking is substantially less than the alternatives tested.
Scion Outdoor Stake Test
Durability testing is run for extended periods, to local standards at locations across the world including New Zealand. Accoya® is tested alongside CCA H4, Teak and western red cedar at the SCION graveyard test field in Rotorua. Stakes are inspected on 12 month intervals by the SCION staff and scored on a scale from 10 (perfect) to 0 (totally destroyed). At the 10 year point only colour change has been noted for the Accoya® wood samples while all other wood types have either onset of decay or significant decay.
APPEARANCE AND WEATHERING
In its natural form, Accoya® wood is a cream/light straw colour. From a technical performance perspective, in respect of attributes such as durability and dimensional stability, there is no need to finish Accoya® low maintenance decking. However, like any natural wood species, Accoya® decking is susceptible to weathering in exterior circumstances and therefore can exhibit various types of discolouration such as moulds and uneven UV weathering. Accoya® wood has a very high resistance against rotting, making it a popular choice to use uncoated. It can be left to weather naturally and over time, will eventually turn a silvery-grey colour. The grey surface colour of unprotected wood exposed to outdoor circumstances is caused by UV. The rate of weathering of Accoya® timber decking will vary as the higher the amount or intensity of UV the surface is subject to, the faster this process will develop.
HOW DO I BUY ACCOYA® WOOD DECKING?
If you’re looking to buy decking, please click on the button below to find an Accoya® wood decking distributor in your region or country of your choice. They will be able to provide you with timber decking prices for your next project.Where to Buy
Accoya® Decking Projects
Decking in Israel
Accoya® Deck selected for Chaumont-sur-Loire International Garden Show
Accoya® decking at Catch Beach Club Surin Beach in Phuket, Thailand
CERTIFIED BY INDUSTRY BODIES
Besides the independent environmental assessments through LCA and carbon footprint, we actively seek to acquire the most respected ecolabels available and have been recognized by others as an exemplary product and company in the field of sustainability on many occasions: