Accoya® Worldwide Award Winners Announced
16 Oct 17
On 25th September, Accsys Group, pioneers of Accoya® wood and Tricoya® wood elements – announced the winners of its 2017 Accoya Worldwide Awards.
The awards, which celebrate the most innovative and inspiring applications of Accoya and Tricoya in projects worldwide, were held during the 7th Accoya Worldwide Conference in Arnhem, The Netherlands.
Nominations for the seven categories, which included Best Accoya and Tricoya Project, came from across the globe. Projects were submitted from locations including, New Zealand, North America and the UK. The judging panel cited this year’s award submissions as the most exciting to date, with strong competition across the categories demonstrating the breadth, scale and abundant design and construction capabilities offered through Accoya and Tricoya.
Paul Clegg, CEO Accsys Group comments, “I’m extremely proud and grateful to our distributors across the world. It’s always great to see the projects they are involved in and the calibre of nominations was the highest yet. Accoya and Tricoya, both with superior properties; durability, stability and environmental credentials, offer new solutions and possibilities to the construction industry and the Accoya Worldwide Awards is an opportunity to thank our distributors for their continued support. Together we will pave the way to a more sustainable future for all.”
Accoya Award Winners 2017 included;
- Best Accoya Façade: Sleeve House, USA – Universal Forest Products
- Best Accoya Joinery: Venlo City Hall Windows, The Netherlands – Boogaerdt & Dekker
- Best Accoya Decking: Bridge, Norway – Woodlink As
- Best New Accoya Application: Hekikai Shinkin Bank, Japan – Ikegami & Co. Ltd.
- Best Accoya Marketing: – Kotil – Turkey,
- Best Tricoya Project: Joint Winners – Using MEDITE®TRICOYA®EXTREME, Medici Wall Art, United Kingdom – James Latham and Trubridge Lights, New Zealand – Gunnersens
- Best Accoya and Medite Tricoya Extreme Project: Tananger House, Norway – Fritzoe Engros
The Awards are an integral part of the Accoya Worldwide Conference. Additional highlights of the three day conference included the Evolve Symposium – an engaging panel discussion focused on Sustainability in Construction featuring keynote speakers Anthony Thistleton, co-founder of Waugh Thistleton Architects, Hans Goverde, Architect Partner at Kraaijvanger Architects, Robbert Dekker, Owner and Managing Director of Royal Dekker and Paul Clegg, as well as interactive workshops and supplier demonstrations.
The 2017 Accoya Worldwide Conference attracted delegates from across 26 countries and provided stakeholders with an unrivalled opportunity to network, collaborate and communicate.